Actually, strike that. It’s supremely simple. Ahhhh yeah. Who loves you?
Read about fantasy here: http://fantasy-faction.com/
Talk about it here: http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/
All things cult and genre: http://www.pornokitsch.com/
Provide encouragement and support to another aspiring writer: http://thewritewaytotype.blogspot.com/
Buy things from same aspiring writer: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Autumn2May (which I shall be doing, just as soon as my credit card stops whimpering and crying from the beating it took at Christmas. I have my eye on the beehive pincushion.)
He keeps being more talented and prolific than me, but I’ll still link to him in the hope I can cling to his coattails when he makes it big ;): http://jaykayel.wordpress.com/ & http://themasterofhisdomain.wordpress.com/
Laugh your arse off: http://www.smbc-comics.com/
Snigger and be grateful you aren’t a baker: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
Another aspiring writer (we tend to cluster together, like penguins): http://loquaciouscoyote.wordpress.com/
A very talented artist indeed, hopefully one with a big future: http://icanplaythetimewarponukulele.wordpress.com/
That’s right, Daddy loves you… Now go make Daddy some money!
Posted in Publicity
Tagged Etsy, Fantasy Faction, Fantasy fiction, Fiction, Fora, Links, Pimping, Pornokitsch, Strong pimp hand, Web comics, Where's my money bitch?, Writers, Writing
I can’t pretend I’m the most dedicated blogger. That being said, I’ve neglected this place for long enough now. Between the World Cup and some real world stuff, I’ve been entirely preoccupied of late. So, on to matters updatey without delay.
1. The World Cup blog. I’ve ditched it, quite unceremoniously and unannounced. I’ve learned something important from this. While I love football passionately, I don’t like writing about it. Writing fiction, or waffling inanely in posts on here and comments on blogs and fora (forums? fori?) feels like fun. Writing about football feels like work. Unpaid work at that. From now on, I’m just going to post my football or sports opinions that I simply must get off my chest on here. Those of you who don’t like sports shouldn’t worry. I think my love for footie and cricket in particular are how I switch my writing brain off, so those posts will be infrequent.
2. For no reason I can decipher, every piece of fiction I write of late is trying to expand beyond my initial intentions. This might be a signal from my hind-brain that it’s time to try writing something in novel length*. So much so, that my attempt to write a piece of fanfic (Don’t judge me! It was fanfic for one of the most awesome things EVAR!) of 500-2000 words in length failed dismally because the story I wanted to tell refused to tell itself in less than roughly 5000 words. My, quite frankly EPIC, entry is consigned to the dusty and neglected folder on my hard drive entitled “misc unusable projects”. It’s the same folder where I keep my Christopher Fowler/Joe Abercrombie explicit slash fic.
3. Mr Jake Kale continues to be more prolific and more talented than myself. He will pay dearly for this insolence. Oh yes, he will pay**. He has been warned…
4. The England performance at the World Cup has left me furious. More on this in a future post.
5. Dreamworlds continues to be an amazing forum populated with lovely and talented people, which I don’t spend anywhere near enough time posting on. Please to go there and sign up, if you enjoy fantasy fiction or role-playing even a little bit.
* More on this soon. I’m still planning.
** More on this also at a future date. I’m still planning this too, although this one will be far more nefarious. MWU-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Hello again. Life’s been a bit all over the place of late, but things are beginning to settle down a bit. A few general updates of what I’ve been up to… Real life stuff, which I’m not going to post about publicly because, well frankly anyone could read this.
I’ve also done a couple of online things, namely over at a web forum called DreamWorlds, I’ve posted a new story. A quasi-mythological “fable” with a pre-Celtic feel to it. That distant grinding sound you hear, is Robert Holdstock slowly turning in his grave. Go to DreamWorld via this link: http://www.dream-worlds.net/forum/default.asp sign up, because the story is in a members only area, then read it here: http://www.dream-worlds.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=580 and tell me how much I’ve trampled on Mr Holdstock’s tradition of story telling. Then go back, look around and join in, because they really are a lovely bunch of people. In time, I may run it here as well, but for now I’m going to leave it over at DreamWorlds because it’s a lovely community and they deserve as many new sign ups as possible.
In other news, I’ve begun a football blog, which can be found here: http://worldcupwaffling.wordpress.com/ If you’re interested in the beautiful game, then head on over, read my ruminations, then disagree vociferously in the comments.
Remember folks, sign up to DreamWorlds. They need the input of creative people and I know that everyone who reads this is a creative type as well.
Once again, I pipe up from mostly silence in order to big up the work of others.
Please go to Weirdzville, for your edifaction, gratification, illumination and… um… diversification? Anyway, go there and enjoy what looks like becoming a very strange and surreal webcomic experience. Be sure and subscribe, so you can get your Weirdzville fix quickly.
Sidenote: I know what the people who write and draw Weirdzville are capable of doing and the multitude of art and storytelling forms they can do it in. The look of the comic is very much an aesthetic choice and anyone who complains about “weird drawing” will be on the receiving end of a severe glowering at. For real. I’ll come to your house and stare through the windows in stern disapproval. I’ll even buy half-moon glasses, just to stare over the top of them in patriarchal disappointment.
Posted in Publicity
For today’s first post, an addition to the list of blogs I shall be frequenting on a regular basis. There’ll also be a permanent link in the sidebar, if for some mad reason you don’t bookmark the page as soon as you get there.
http://maelstromatic.wordpress.com/main-page/ A blog by two very talented, very creative people. Jonathan and Wendy Sinclair. A young couple with (hopefully) very bright futures ahead of them. Linking to them is my pleasure. Find there poetry, cartoon and anime artworks and ocasional short stories. I would say “enjoy”, but I think the exhortation is unnecessary.
Yes, neither of those words are real words, but you know what? Neither is “gullible”, go ahead and Google it, English language bullies.
Anyway, there are new links in the side bar. They will lead you to the following sites…
http://mostlikelyoffensive.wordpress.com/ Written by a (so far, I’m still going through the archive) anonymous woman. Find there poetry and general musings on life.
http://anopenlettertoeverythingiknow.wordpress.com/ I’ve only read one entry so far, but it made me laugh like a drain. This is always a good thing.
http://meggardiner.wordpress.com/ The blog of U.K. based American writer of thrillers, Meg Gardiner. As the URL would imply.
All three are well worth a visit and make enjoyable additions to any RSS feed.